Tuesday, February 19, 2008

What Can Change Buy You

In regards to my earlier post "Save Your Change," I began to think about the things a little change can buy you (in an effort to convince those who think saving change is a waste of time). Well lets see...in applying this to my life, I thought about how just a month ago I was looking around for pricing on starting up my very own website. I came across places where for around $5.00 a month you can start up your very own website. Some places even offer you a 30 day free trial. So getting back to saving change, just by saving 17 cents a day for thirty days you'd have saved $5.10 which would cover the cost of the website. I also thought about gym memberships. Alot of us, would love to join one, but we don't have the money. Where I live a gym membership can run you roughly around $25-$30 bucks amonth. Now if you can scrape together 85 cents-$1.00 a day that would pay the cost of a gym membership ranging between $25 and $30 dollars after saving for 30 days. When I was little me and my sister would save our change to buy Christmas gifts for our parents. Saving change for the holidays is a great idea. By scraping up dimes, nickels, and pennies and saving $30.00 a month in change you can save well over $300.00 in a twelve month period, and use this money for gift shopping. If you live on a tight budget saving change can be a great way to make you feel like you're not completely broke. After you save up spare change treat your family to a movie or dinner. There really is an unlimited amount of possibilities as to what change can buy you.

No comments: