Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Working Hard Can Burn You Out

Something we must all learn in life is to take a break. Even if it's just for a day or two. I consider myself to be a workaholic, and haven't been on a vacation in about three years. However, I do try to take a few days to relax even if it means in the comfort of my own home. When we work-work-work, and don't free our minds of the everyday hustle and bustle, things can begin to take a toll on us. Our attitudes towards others suddenly goes from nice to don't bother me. If we deal with customers on a regular basis we can begin to lose that good customer service we owe to the people who help pay our bills. Above all though, being burnt out can affect the relationships you have with your family, friends, and whoever else is significant in your life. I've been burnt out quite a few times, and the people who are closest to me usually feel the wraft of my tiredness. Luckily, they know how to keep me in check, and let me know in so many words when it's time to take a breather. Remember, theres nothing wrong with being a hardworker. I think finding a balance between work and relaxation is one of the keys to avoiding getting burnt out...as well making time for yourself not just others.

No comments: